Skin cancer has difference shapes and colours. Common things you can look for are:
- Asymmetry – look for spots that lack symmetry. That is, if a line was drawn through the middle, the two sides would not match up
- Border – a spot with a spreading or irregular edge (notched)
- Colour – blotchy spots with a number of colours such as black, blue, red, white and/or grey
- Diameter – look for spots that are larger than 1/4 inch
- Evolution (Evolving) – spots are changing in colours, shape and size
Mostly common type of skin cancers are :
- Melanoma -the most dangerous type of skin cancer. These are often changing Brown or Black spots and can occur anywhere on the body, not just on the sun exposed areas.
- Basal Cell Carcinomas (BCC) – the most common type of skin cancer. They usually occur on the face, neck or upper back. It is extremely rare for these tumours to spread through your body. They do keep growing however, and can invade locally so they need to be removed.
- Squamous Cell Carcinomas (SCC) – found in the sun exposed areas such as face, arms and lower legs. They have some risk of spreading to other parts of the body, but a lot less than Melanoma. These are often rough, raised or crusted lesions.
- Sunspots (or Solar Keratoses) – rough patches which are usually found on the face and arms, and have potential to develop into Squamous Cell Carcinomas. They are often treated by ‘freezing’ or ‘burning’ them off.
We are proud to offer full body skin screening and total body mapping services at our Clinic with MoleMax HD.
During the appointment , our dedicated GPs will thoroughly examine your skin from head-to-toe.
Please check our GPs
- Dr Ryan Salehi – Skin cancer & Cosmetic
- Dr Soheil Torabi – Skin cancer & Dermatology, Acupuncture
MoleMax HD creates a photographic record of your skin. This assists our Doctors to clearly identify and compare any new or changing spots over time.
Depending on your skin profile, we will remind you when it is time to come back for your next appointment.
Full body skin check price : $150 ( Medicare Rebate available from $39.10 up to $75.75)
To book your skin check , Call (07) 5641 1527 , or book on online through our website or Hot Doc